Yes, my baby is off to first grade. It was hard for me the first week without kids at home, but now I am fully adjusted and loving it. :)
Sunday, September 13, 2009
First Day of School
The first day of school. We were ready! Even though we lost a week being sick with influenza. After a very long "summer" break that started in the middle of March, the kids were looking forward to the structure and friends of regular public school. Although, what we learned in Washington DC was immeasurably more than they could have learned in a regular classroom.

Yes, my baby is off to first grade. It was hard for me the first week without kids at home, but now I am fully adjusted and loving it. :)
Mark is a third grader and loving it.
In fifth grade, Mara is one of the "big kids" at the school now. "Big" can be interpreted in more than one way! The sixth graders are in middle school this year.
Off to Middle School. Is Emily really old enough for high school next year?
And yes, Hayley is old enough for high school. She is loving 10th grade. She's not loving her new braces, or riding her bike to school. She is loving her driver's learning permit though. I'm trying to be brave enough to take her out on the roads. I think I'll let Neil work with her a little bit more first. :)
Yes, my baby is off to first grade. It was hard for me the first week without kids at home, but now I am fully adjusted and loving it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for putting that singing picture in, Mom.
ReplyDeleteNOT!!
-Emily
sigh...
ReplyDeleteI agree with Emily. I look like a frog in that picture.
~Mara
P.S. I'm not THAT small! I'm just short for my age.
Emily,
ReplyDeleteWE'RE DOOOMED! HAYLEY PUT THAT PICTURE ON HER FACEBOOK PROFILE!!!!!!!
~Mara
Jerk!
ReplyDelete