Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Halloween!

The Halloween festivities began in earnest on Friday afternoon with the elementary school costume parade and class parties. Jeff is the white ninja in the middle. Happily, the storm had stopped and school was in session. The ninja and storm tropper costumes just aren't quite the same without their swords and guns, but you know the rule about weapons in school! Not even plastic ones!


Halloween night was a bit different without Neil around. We had the same panicky "Where is my costume?! Come on, we're missing all of the candy!" moments, but they seemed even more frenzied without my partner around to help out.


Hayley and her bee friend, Megan, held down the fort at home and passed out candy. I got trick-or-treating duty this year. It was actually kind of fun walking the kids around. I drove Emily and her friends around a bit too. I started to feel a little pressure to get as much candy as possible before 9pm. I would look for streets with lots of porch lights on and let the kids out. "Hurry down this one! I'll meet you at the end!"

Witchy Emily! Don't worry, she's a good witch. She tried to look bad, but she just can't help it. She's too cute.

Mara had a spa day. Ahhh . . . .


Mark was some kind of Star Wars clone. He can tell you exactly which one. We bought the gun without realizing we already had one at home. You can never have too many battery operated machine guns though.

Jeff, the white Ninja! He has some good moves!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment