It was a lot of work to gather (some borrowed, some rented) the gear. It even included picking the rentals up on a Sunday--we felt a bit wicked going to a sporting store in our Sunday best after church (we tried them on the day before!).
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
We Ski!
A few days before Christmas we decided to brave the slopes with the ENTIRE family! We live in Colorado, so you would think that skiing would be a regular part of our winter activities. But, even though we are only 45 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park, we are 2 hours from the famous ski resorts. Also, being famous ski resorts, they cater to the rich and famous and cost an arm and a leg! So, we did our best to figure out how to ski at an affordable rate. We found a resort closer to home that sells a cheaper pass for the bunny hill slopes. Since the kids are all basically beginners, we thought this would be a good way to start.

It was a lot of work to gather (some borrowed, some rented) the gear. It even included picking the rentals up on a Sunday--we felt a bit wicked going to a sporting store in our Sunday best after church (we tried them on the day before!).
Mark and Jeff were a bit clumsy at first, but it wasn't long before they were tired of the tow rope. They picked it up fast! "Don't forget your "pizza wedge" Jeff! Turn! Turn!" I kept yelling that as I watched him picking up speed going straight down the hill. "I don't need to turn Mom. I like going fast!" He had a couple of colossal wipe-outs that humbled him a bit.
It was a lot of work to gather (some borrowed, some rented) the gear. It even included picking the rentals up on a Sunday--we felt a bit wicked going to a sporting store in our Sunday best after church (we tried them on the day before!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like a fun day! I have to admit, I don't miss skiing. Maybe I will reconsider when my kids are old enough to enjoy it.
ReplyDelete