The second week of June we went to Orem for Jennifer's 20th high school reunion (I know you are all in disbelief, but yes I am that old). The reunion was fine, but we had a lot more fun spending time with our families. We were only there for a few short days, but we packed it with fun. Some of the highlights were staying at the Hansens, shopping with Grandma Hemmert, Brad and Chelsa's baby blessing (and going crazy with cousins in the backyard--I wish I had pictures!), the Pow Wow in Soldier Hollow, Karate Kid, swimming, and visiting the MTC.
The Pow Wow was a cultural event!
After Grandma and Mason joined the parade, the rest of us got up the courage to dance around the circle to the beat of the drums.
We stopped to check out the Duffin Retreat in Midway and tested out the rope swing. Neil hung a rope on the tree years ago. This was a new rope and still just as much fun!
Sunday morning we had the awesome opportunity to go to sacrament meeting at the MTC with my parents. It was neat to see all of the Elders and Sisters and to eat in the cafeteria. Mark was converted to the MTC in the lunch line. :) He's looking forward to coming back in 10 years! We stopped at the temple to take some pictures since the kids looked so nice. The girls were so happy to find such cute modest dresses during our shopping spree. Thanks Grandma Joyce!
No comments:
Post a Comment